Re: exit nodes WAS Re: some tor questions

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:10:38 -0500, Nick Mathewson <nickm@freehaven.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 11:21:55PM -0800, Thomas Hardly wrote:
> > When listing several exit nodes in addition to the option
> > StrictExitNodes in the torrc conf, will tor choose the first available
> > server from the list and always use it or rotate servers?
>
> No.  It will choose from the list randomly, and when it's time to
> rotate circuits, it will choose from the list randomly again.

Thanks for the info Nick.

I have yet to see it rotate at all under tor 0.0.9rc4. I have seen it
jump the first listed server if it is noty available but I've never
seen it use anything other than the second server of the five I have
listed.

I will try some other configurations and servers and see if anything changes.

th

--
     ..o:   It's 12 o'clock - do you know where your data is?   :o...
Hardening Your Macintosh - http://members.lycos.co.uk/hardapple/

pgp key fingerprint: 0F02 99D5 1D23 E445 22C9 9C90 8F24 FDBA B618 33C4