[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Connecting to special ports through Tor/Privoxy
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Connecting to special ports through Tor/Privoxy
- From: force44@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 02:09:36 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 02:11:37 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=N1-0105; d=Safe-mail.net; b=FQ1lDW7bk6m9VlLxNe8SbDwJ2jL5qfppfzvbvP4339dOax9OYSJBJqg2XU9DrEr6 +L83aJiuoCDdp0PSZ3WrRQDsYKosblZWRVpjdAY/GIxt/rA6t7iUlGiB8esTKZ/e lSiBxqcqREIf0cdJFKdBoXtpHc1r9H+qQT/6zCYkHCY=;
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Not sure it is the best place here for this topic, sorry if I mistake!
Config: Firefox 2 Privoxy Tor (Vidalia)
When I want to connect through Tor to special port as 8443 by https (Plesk panels), I simply cannot and always get a blank page. (Usual config for https is 127.0.0.1:8118)
To solve the problem, I have to delete all entries the https entry, and so I use the Socks5 proxy on 127.0.0.1:9050
Earlier I used the multiproxy extension for Firefox, had one entry "tor (usual)" and one entry "Tor (Socks5)". So that was easy to change.
Using now TorButton, this isn't the same, as I have to edit the "Preferences" every time.
Isn't there a way (probably something to add in the Privoxy config?) to be able to connect through Tor to https://xxxxx:8443 without using the Socks5 proxy?