Anonymous Blogging

Hi all!

I am a political blogger in a sensitive country and I would like to
try out TOR to make my blogging anonymous, as recommended by Reporter
Without Borders (RSF) in their handbook. I understand that with TOR,
there is little chance of the government tracing my original IP
address when blogging. However, I have reasons to believe that my
Internet connection is under constant surveillance and since my
"blogging" from my PC to blogger.com is sent in clear text, what would
TOR help me in this case? Is RSF assuming that the government has no
access to its citizen's connection?

Regards