Tor SOCKS crashing Mac WebKit browsers

I'm still a little fuzzy on these details, but my web browser has been crashing a lot recently, and I've been having a heck of a time tracking down the reason. It now appears that some (but not all) HTTPS sites, loaded with Tor as a SOCKS proxy, cause WebKit-based browsers (Safari, OmniWeb) to crash. The same sites loaded with no proxy or with Privoxy as an HTTPS proxy load fine.

I'm running Tor 0.1.2.3-alpha, so I'm going to try to test this with 0.1.2.2 to see if it makes a difference. Whatever the case, the browser shouldn't be crashing, even if Tor is sending it bad data. Is there any way I can monitor the data being sent between Tor and the browser, though, or is there a way to find out if there is a problem with the way Tor is acting as a SOCKS proxy?

Thanks,

/jgt
--
http://tamboli.cx/