Re: A different solution for anonymous browsing !

Taka Khumbartha wrote:

gabrix @ 2006/11/16 04:28:

>I invite everyone , who is trying , tryed or is actually applying a
>chain of proxies for browsing,like manies  one after the other  , or
>unusual  proxies configurations  for anonymous browsing different from
>the usual tor/privoxy duo,socat,anonweb,polipo,squid,wwwoffle, to let me
>know .... thanks !

i'm not sure why you are wanting to do this. but, if you are trying to be "more anonymous", then this is not the right approach. here's why:

as i have been told (and please correct me if i'm mistaken!), basically, every OS-browser-proxy(-et.al.) combination is going to leave behind a unique footprint that can be tracked by a skilled adversary. the more complicated you make your chain of proxies, the more unique footprint it will leave. in this respect it is best to stick with a configuration more people use, hence anonymity. good luck.

on the other paw, if you are doing such a thing so you can research these unique footprints and compile a database of sorts, please share your results! the more we know, the better each application can be tuned so as to minimize and converge such unique footprints.

I don't know personally much people using linux and between the people i know i'm the skillest ... i'm too lazy for reading but i do it anyway offcourse and i think i can learn more asking experiences around that , usually , are not written anywhere . I have to admit i know linux my way which is not always the proper , people experience is important .
I like proxy servers and all their forms and i'm also curious on tools like sockat for example and i can read all manuals i want but only seeing someone using it i can learn the proper way to look at ... it's just the way i am.
G!