Re: Torbutton 1.0.5 release candidate

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 07:40:20PM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> When I click "use the recommended proxy settings"
> it moves everything to 8118, which is reasonable, but when I then click
> "use custom proxy settings" again, my old custom proxy settings are lost,
> and I need to retype them. Maybe Torbutton could remember them somewhere?

That can be arranged.  :)

http://freehaven.net/~squires/torbutton/testing/torbutton-1.0.4.907.xpi

> >   * new:    eleven new locales
>
> This is great. Can you document somewhere how these work?

OK, I have updated the web site for version 1.0.5 and wrote pages about
the preferences dialog and contributing localizations.

http://freehaven.net/~squires/torbutton/index.1.0.5.html

> And last, why is there a chrome.manifest and an identical
> chrome.manifst? :)

Oh, shush!  That was fixed days ago.  =P

--Scott

Changelog as of 1.0.4.907
  * bugfix: fix the about box in firefox 1.0
  * bugfix: set the toolbar button to the correct state upon insertion
            into the toolbar (ff >= 1.5 only)
  * bugfix: clarify the wording of the one-liner extension description
  * bugfix: bypassing privoxy with Firefox <= 1.0 is not recommended
  * bugfix: remember previous "custom" proxy settings
  * misc: new icons
  * misc: keyboard shortcut re-assigned to ctrl-2
  * new: previous proxy settings are restored after exiting tor mode
  * new: if the torbutton proxy settings are changed while torbutton is
         enabled, then the active proxy settings are updated to reflect it
  * new: added twelve locales