Re: A different solution for anonymous browsing !

Michael Holstein writes:

> >as i have been told (and please correct me if i'm mistaken!), basically,
> >every OS-browser-proxy(-et.al.) combination is going to leave behind a
> >unique footprint that can be tracked by a skilled adversary.  the more
> >complicated you make your chain of proxies, the more unique footprint it
> >will leave.  in this respect it is best to stick with a configuration more
> >people use, hence anonymity.  good luck.
>
> Firefox and "user agent switcher" plugin.

By itself, that doesn't completely solve the problem.  It's easy to log
information other than user agent, which might be sufficient to
distinguish browsers and other information.

--
Seth Schoen
Staff Technologist                                schoen@xxxxxxx