Re: Patch for Tsocks unifying the platform independent patches required for TOR

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 04:08, Ruben Garcia wrote:
> Would something like
>
> if [uname|grep BSD]
> 	/* bsd related configure options */
> else
> 	/* General options */
>
> work?
>
> Please test the uname in a bsd, and post the correct invocation.

On OpenBSD 3.9 and 3.4 uname without options prints:
OpenBSD

Your little script does not work on either 3.9 or 3.4. The following
modification works on both.

if uname|grep BSD
then
  echo "BSD"
else
  echo "NOT"
fi

On 3.4 the default root shell was csh. Sometime between 3.4 and 3.9 it
changed to ksh, but with both, without the "then" you get a syntax
error, and with the brackets uname cannot be found. I don't remember
the default user shell was as I always set mine to ksh. The scripts
work the same under bash on CentOS/Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.4. The
above also worked printing NOT, or Linux if BSD was changed to Linux.
They get the same errors without the then or with the [ ] brackets.

George Shaffer

Get now your FREE e-mail! http://freemail.1net.gr
Live your Myth in Greece! http://www.gotogreece.gr
Register Domains for $9.5/year! http://www.aegeas.net