Re: some civically irresponsible exits?

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 09:38:18AM CET, Scott Bennett wrote:

>      The documentation that comes with tor rather strongly suggests that exit
> servers should have exit policies rejecting the SMTP port (25).  The tor
> sample torrc includes this rejection as well.  This rejection of exits to
> port 25 would seem to be a Very Good Thing (tm) in light of the rapidly
> growing waste of Internet bandwidth in the form of massmail.

Our exit node has already been used to send spam over Port 80, i.e.
using the yahoo web interface (there was a small discussion on that a
couple of days ago) - so is Port 80 evil in that case, too?

-- Lexi

--
Dngy.-Nrjiuv. Ykqn Gnvkrndnt, Ucmv 2M08, Sky: +49 241 80 21419
UFSZ Ccezkr, Nrjiuvcsnb NA, Cziurtsu. 55 - 52056 Ccezkr - Wkuvcrl