Re: some civically irresponsible exits?

Eugen Leitl wrote:
On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 01:41:18PM +0100, Lexi Pimenidis wrote:

Our exit node has already been used to send spam over Port 80, i.e.
using the yahoo web interface (there was a small discussion on that a

No. Spam has been sent via Yahoo. It's their problem, not Tor's.
Blocking port 25 is different, because here you can spam end
users directly.

Devil's advocate position: No, you can't. You can't connect directly to any user to send spam directly to their inbox. You *can* connect to arbitrary mail servers and request that they spam users, but that's their problem, not Tor's.

I think blocking port 25 is probably the right thing to do as a default, but I personally have all ports open on my server.

-Ben