Re: News orgs should be interested in running tor nodes

Am Donnerstag, 15. November 2007 07:29 schrieb Roger Dingledine:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 10:48:33PM +0100, Thomas Hluchnik wrote:
> > Has anyone ever tried to speak with the guys from SPIEGEL, FAZ,
Sueddeutsche
> > and so on that they drive own tor nodes? This would be good PR for tor.
> >
> > If not yet, is there anybody who has contact to news orgs? If the great
news
> > orgs in germany would have own tor nodes, they would become more sensitive
> > about what we are fighting for.
>
> Rather than trying to get them to operate their own hardware, we might
> make more progress just trying to help them understand the good uses
> and good users for Tor.

What you say is right, but if for example the SPIEGEL drives some tor exits by
themselves and police seizes them it is something different for the SPIEGEL
journalists. So the SPIEGEL is dircectly involved and they have much more
awareness about what goes on with tor. Furthermore they would (I hope so)
provide some infos in their "Contact" area on their website how to use
anonymization tor contacting journalists or the SPIEGEL office. And thats
waht I want. They shell be directly involved, not just reporting about that.

Thomas Hluchnik