Thanks! (was: RE: court trial against me - )

Good morning,

I just wanted to thank you all for the support you expressed - on-list as
well as off-list. I also appreciate all the good advice I was given,
however, there's not much that can be done anymore - at least in my case. I
agreed to this paragraph 153 thing which, AFAIK, is final. There is no way
to appeal against that.

Many people asked me why I hadn't mandated a lawyer in the first place. The
answer is pretty simple: A lawyer costs money (about 450 EUR in this case),
and no, even in case of an acquittal I would not have been refunded that
money. The reason is that the trial was held at a court of first instance
where there is no obligation to be represented by a lawyer and thus the
costs for a lawyer are never paid by the court (in Germany).

Also I thought I would be able to convince the judge and the public
prosecutor that I was not guilty by giving a reasonable explanation of the
Tor network. But to be honest: I absolutely overestimated my own
capabilities. As a lay assessor I participated in about 40 trials. However,
things look differently once you are the defendant and probably have to bear
some kind of consequences. In the days and weeks before the trial, I had
played it through dozens of times - in my head. Unfortunately the aiding and
abetting thing threw me completely off track during the trial, as did the
fact that they obviously didn't care about me being the wrong person to
punish at all.

For me it was absolutely clear that understanding and accepting that I
hadn't ordered the voucher would lead to an acquittal. Unfortunately they
didn't share my opinion.

Thank you so much for your support again!

Bye, K&K,
T-Zee
--
|Mirko Thiesen          "We're with you all the way, mostly"|
|Mirko.Thiesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    | http://www.kyb.mpg.de/ |