Re: server incorrectly believes IP address has changed

     On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:37:25 +0000 Robert Hogan <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>On Tuesday 20 November 2007 19:52:43 you wrote:
>>      On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:59:24 +0100 Csaba Kiraly <kiraly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> wrote:
>> >If you did not specify your IP within the torrc, tor tries to guess it
>> >based on your hostname ... and this goes wrong if the DNS is wrong!
>>
>>      As stated in the text you top-posted, if you had read it, I specified
>> a host+domain name in torrc.  That host+domain name combination is updated
>> at dyndns.org upon system startup and within ten minutes of any change.
>> I use inadyn to test and update the dyndns.org name server data base.
>>

>But you didn't specify your IP in the torrc, so Csaba's point is still a=20
>possibility.

     Actually, according to the documentation, the guessing he referred to
happens when "Address" is not provided in torrc, which is quite a different
matter from specifying an Address in host+domain name form.

>However, since you didn't delete cached-routers before start-up on either=20

     cached-routers and cached-routers.new are not the file names used in
0.2.0.12-alpha, but rather cached-descriptors and cached-descriptors.new, and