Re: Surveillance rules, feature suggestion

Smuggler wrote:

> Backbones etc. are excluded from the data retention laws.

really? I don't find that clause in the new German TKG law. Would you
pls point me into the right direction?

> As well as any
> networks that are not available to the general public (like university
> networks as well company networks).

yep

> By having middleman-only nodes (or better, second hop only nodes) those
> would not be part of the "public" network but only infrastructure.

besides I doubt the middleman-only nodes will not be considered as
"public" by the law, apples and oranges internet router as well as tor
nodes both transport data, strip and add protocol overhead. From a
certain point they do the same job.

regards, Olaf