Re: any middlemen seeing DoS currently?

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 16:44:09 +0100
Karsten Loesing <karsten.loesing@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem of clients downloading certificates that often will be
> solved with the next alpha. But the main solution is to upgrade the
> authority certificate which should happen some time today.

I think that it might be an idea to send out an official announcement
here on or-announce and perhaps on the website to tell people to stop
their inactive tor clients (i.e. sudo /etc/init.d/tor stop ) to take the
pressure off the exits and middles. When I read the above thread I
checked and my computer has been pinging away all day looking for an
updated certificate.. and I've only used Tor a little.. It's now turned
off till I need it. or the problem is fixed.

Take Care,
Freemor

--
freemor@xxxxxxxxx