Re: Kudos on memory usage in 0.2.X

Hi Roger,

Im in same situation as Matt. Im running Tor exit on VPS, version 0.2.0.x. So each MB of memory is quite bit expensive for me :). Do you personally think that running 0.2.1.x (so experimental branch, but less memory usage) on production machine is a good idea? Stability is the main issue, but I have overall good experience with Tor (except issue with certificates ;).

Thanks,
Marek

2008/11/9 Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx>
On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 03:40:30PM -0600, Matt LaPlante wrote:
> bandwidth.  My one gripe was that the Tor daemon in 0.1.X sucked a lot
> of my very limited memory allocation, even when not accepting exits.

It sure did. Mainly on Linux.

> Having recently upgraded to 0.2.X due to its inclusion in Intrepid,
> I've seen a *drastic* improvement in memory efficiency.  The new
> version appears magnitudes lighter on resources using the same
> configuration.  This is a big deal to me, and I just wanted to give
> thanks to the developers for focusing on performance as well as
> functionality.  Keep up the good work!

Great. Glad you like it.

And if you like 0.2.0.x's memory usage, you'll like 0.2.1.x's even more! :)

--Roger