Re: Absolutely cannot run tor 0.2.1.7-alpha

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 02:53:27PM -0500, praedor@xxxxxxxxx wrote 0.7K bytes in 14 lines about:
: This is driving me nuts.  I have repeatedly tried to upgrade to the latest tor
: with no success.  If I build and install it without doing any configuration,
: it will run with the builtin defaults (including the default server name) but
: if I try to create a torrc file, no matter what I do with it (using
: torrc.sample as a template) tor fails to run.  No error messages at all.
:
: What the hell is it with the latest tor and its config file?  Did something
: drastic change?  Why is the torrc.sample unusable as a simple template?  I've
: tried simply uncommenting a few of the basic settings (ORPort, etc) and
: changing the server name but this alone is enough to prevent tor from running.

Can you post your torrc somewhere?  0.2.1.7-alpha runs well for me.

--
Andrew