Re: all traffic through a VPN on top of tor, done!

On 11/13/2009 02:39 AM, Andrea Ratto wrote:
> I would just like to shorten the circuit, but it seems there is no
> option for doing that. I hope they change their mind and put one, maybe
> limited to 3 hops, so that it can't be used to over saturate the
> network.

First off, read this,
https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#VariablePathLength

Second, it sounds like you want to protect against a local attacker from
seeing your traffic.  If so, go to proxy.org, find an https:// or
vpn-based provider and enjoy your encrypted protection against your
local ISP seeing your destination.

If you actually want anonymity, then use Tor as is, for it's designed to
provide anonymity online by default.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project