Re: Tracing internal errors

Jon Cosby <jon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to get Tor working in Firefox/Torbutton on openSUSE 11.2.
> There's something about the privoxy settings that it doesn't seem to
> like. In the privoxy config, I've tried
>
> forward-socks4a / localhost:9050 . (internal error)
> forward-socks4a / 127.0.0.1:9050 . (check settings)
> forward-socks5  / localhost:9050 . (internal error)
> forward-socks5  / 127.0.0.1:9050 . (check settings)
>
> "Internal error" is kind of vague. There's nothing in the privoxy log. I
> seem to remember running into this when there was an issue with the
> system time, but that's not the case here. What's the next place to
> look?

Sounds like the following OpenSUSE packaging bug still hasn't been fixed:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2783703&group_id=11118&atid=211118

You are most likely getting the internal error because Privoxy is
configured to use an improperly populated chroot directory, so it
can't access its template files. If that's the case, you are probably
also looking at the wrong log file.

I'd suggest you file a bug report with OpenSuSE.

Fabian