Re: Bitcoin And The Electronic Frontier Foundation

DSA on chip already exists. Its called the ALU. Well tuned integer
code can get very very quick. And if we really need performance djb
has extremely fast crypto routines we could use in NaCl, but that
would require changing a bunch of things.

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:27 PM, coderman <coderman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 7:00 AM, TheGravitator
> <thegravitator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Its not all i7's, only the i7-980X (extreme series) about $1000.
>
> AES-NI is pretty slick. now if only we could get RSA/DSA/DH on die... :)
>
> [the benchmarks in question show 875MB/s AES256 on PhenomII X6 1090T @
> 3.8Ghz as the closest competitor to the 11,000MB/s on i7-980X w/
> AES-NI instruction at less clock.]
>
> i haven't had a processor to test with; has any Tor user had luck with
> openssl-aesni patches against 1.0.0?

Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin