Re: Tor 0.2.2.18-alpha is out

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 07:50:05PM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> If by "Tor-only" packages you mean the old "expert" packages, we decided
> to drop support for them:

For background, see

Sounds like we should do a better job of declaring a policy on what
platforms we're trying to make work, and a better job of getting feedback
from users when we ponder changes in this policy. Last I heard, Nick
was working on a proposed policy draft so we can at least get a handle
on where things stand currently. The challenge is that we have neither
enough developers nor enough (trustworthy) build machines to support
everything out there.

--Roger