Re: [tor-talk] Freedom Hosting admin revealed by Anonymous - Tor finally cracked?

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 02:45:40AM +0000, Gozu-san wrote:
> Expert review of OpDarknet's "The Honey Pawt" malware, and precisely how
> The Mozilla Foundation was involved, seems crucial.  Perhaps The Tor
> Project's "Onion Logo" trademark was infringed, and perhaps The Mozilla
> Foundation did not exercise due diligence.  Or maybe OpDarknet just said
> that for lulz.

According to
http://www.securitynewsdaily.com/anonymous-hackers-child-porn-1302/
the Mozilla Foundation was not involved in any of these steps.

In any case, you don't need Mozilla's permission to write a Firefox
extension and put it on a website and sucker somebody into installing it.

The claims from the opdarknet people seem to be full of misunderstandings
and/or wrong facts. I guess that doesn't stop it from being a great story.

--Roger