Re: [tor-talk] Tor 0.2.2.34 crashes

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM, thomas.hluchnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<thomas.hluchnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for your response. Couriously I find no corefile.

The SEGV in your trace suggests that it died in a way that could have
produced a core, if core dumps were enabled.  Is there something in
your chroot configuration or your rlimit that's disabling them for
Tor?

Oh! Also, you should make sure that Tor can find your GeoIPFile, to
rule out some variant of bug
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/4340 .

>But I did that nice command:
>
> root# strace -f -o tor.strace.02 /usr/bin/chroot /chroot/tor /bin/tor
>
> The tracefiles have between 7 an 10 mb, with gzip 500-850k. Are you interested in having a look at one?

Those are likely to have data that I should not see, like your private
keys or user IPs.  I don't want to look at those. :)

Also, the SEGV suggests that it's a null-pointer reference or
something that's going wrong here, so probably the earlier syscalls
aren't going to help.  It's a stack trace that would be useful here,
I'm afraid.

yrs,
--
Nick