Re: [tor-talk] Vidalia for Iphone 3g

On 18.11.2011, at 11:21, Marco Bonetti wrote:
> Totally agree: Tor itself works out of the box on iOS but this is not enough to get a safe browsing experience.
I’d like to emphasize that this only works on _jailbroken_ devices at all and when using WiFi (since you cannot (easily) add a SOCKS proxy for GSM/CDMA connections). I still appreciate all the work Marco hat put into making this possible.

Stephan’s CovertBrowser works on normal iOS devices and over GSM/CDMA which clearly is an improvement. I agree that CovertBrowser should be audited properly to meet tor standards.
Both ways are a definite improvement for iOS users who had no way to use tor before.
Best regards
Pepi