Re: [tor-talk] Tor and AES-NI acceleration , and Tor profiling

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm.  On examination it looks like there might be some uses of
> OpenSSL's AES_encrypt function left around in your profile.  Try
> changing the beginning of Tor's aes.c so that the line that now says:
>
>  #undef USE_OPENSSL_EVP
>
> now says
>
>  #define USE_OPENSSL_EVP
>
> Does that improve matters at all?

Curious whether you had a chance to try this.  From   the latest
profile, your biggest timesink is _x86_64_AES_encrypt_compact.  But
that's not the AESNI version.  I think that using EVP there would get
the right result, if I understand how engines work correctly.

--
Nick