Re: [tor-talk] Confusion about Tor log messages showing relay addresses

On 11/3/2012 6:15 PM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
Follow up. Noticed that almost every address listed as a WARNING in Tor log, as _possibly leaking my destination_, was the address of a relay that was in process of or had just been closed - best I could tell.

For the last relay in the network map list, the addresses building, then immediately closing, were flying by like a stock ticker. I refreshed the network & waited till it stabilized. That *somewhat* slowed the # of addresses building / opening, then immediately closing. Result was the same. All addresses being listed, where "one of your applications [apparently Tor] established a connection through Tor (then lists address), using a protocol that may leak information.... "

I don't know the real cause or problem, but it seems the warning message is misleading about what's really happening.

Is this a glitch in the type of messages generated for Tor circuits / addresses being closed; or is there potentially a real problem here or is something possibly not setup correctly in my Tor / TBB installation?

Wow, absolutely no ideas about the cause, validity / non validity of these warning messages?