Re: [tor-talk] Can I trust Tormail

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM,  <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is believed to be US federal law enforcement or Russian
> Intelligence. When talking to US law enforcement, they think tormail
> is Russian FSB or something similar. Here's a link that implies this,
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2012-March/023752.html.

You (or they) can't be serious. From [1]:
“Up until two months ago, the domain was registered with a USA
company, Moniker domains. They were great and we had no problems with
them, but with the recent domain seizures we decided to move the
domain offshore. It appears this was a big mistake, the Russian
providers are much worse!”

Tormail is apparently just a couple of naive American kids.

[1] http://opusmagnus.wordpress.com/2012/04/21/tormail-net-has-moved/

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte