Re: [tor-talk] Can Tor users be tracked?

Nam Su:
> Hello. I saw a blog post in Internet. It says the government

Not only government.

> can track Tor user with plugin like active-x and javascript. Is it true?

Active-X / Flash:
- Unless special setups are used, yes. It can establish direct
connections and circumvent the proxy.

Javascript:
- Can not be directly used for deanonymization. Can be used for browser
fingerprinting, linking all sessions to the same pseudonym and to
collect loads of other data, see ip-check.info for example.
- Risk for browser exploits and therefore leak the IP.

> And what should I do not to be tracked?

Use The Tor Browser Bundle and never stop learning.