Re: [tor-talk] Denied with disposable/free mail services?

On 11/8/2012 2:53 PM, grarpamp wrote:
What forum[s], or categories of forums, feel they are so in tune with their userbase as to be able to deny access to the untold millions of legitimate (and exclusive) users of free email services (gmail, yahoo, etc)?
I don't know. I just know the reason(s) stated. Since I don't see tons of forums banning free email accts, I wonder why the sites that aren't banning them? Unless somehow their servers, software, etc., don't even let most spam hit their server. Once it hits the server, even if filtered out, it's already increased data load (if they have a limit that would conceivably be approached) & takes up bandwidth. Maybe some sites banning free email don't want to deal w/ spam in any shape, form or fashion.

Or maybe they have some economic arrangement, if all their users have "big ISP" email, who are also possibly tied closely to big advertising companies? As they say, "Follow the money."
I'd like to keep this thread strictly on the topic of email as in the OP and leave the question/details of spam/advertising/speed to other threads.
Sure. But it ties right back into one of the reason forums have given (that I've seen) & a plausible reason WHY they're banning free email. Excessive spam for forums (which is comparable to excessive ads for users), increases data load, eats bandwidth.