Re: [tor-talk] What's written to HD?

> But don't some LIveCDs write to swap space on the local hard drive IF they
> see one?

I can't speak to that, it's certainly a possible default. People have
some irrational fears of disabling swap. Just because you see
swap used in top doesn't mean you need it. So long as you have
enough ram just turn it off. All systems I've run for the last N years
have swap disabled. Ram is cheap, and faster than disk, buy some.

Mem: 450M Active, 131M Inact, 588M Wired, 18M Cache, 29M Buf, 805M Free
Swap:

And if I bothered to restrict the fs cache or fallback to another fs, I
live within 1GB, full daily gui. Not a contest, but an example.
Be wary of FF, it's a 200MB+ pig that unless you place it in a pen
will often run away.