[tor-talk] how to make firefox transmit dns query to tor

Hi,

   I'm using firefox with Tor for some tests work( can't use TBB because it
doesn't allow me to keep cookies the next time it opens). I set the firefox
proxy port to 9050, so firefox is using Tor for network access, however,
DNS queries are bypassing the proxy. How can I make the DNS query transit
the tor network, as TBB does.  How TBB make the DNS query enter the Tor
network?