[tor-talk] how useful is tormail?

I haven't been able to access my tormail account for days.  Does anyone
know what's going on there?

In view of the recent posts regarding the reliability/privacy of
tormail.net, and my own ignorance of this stuff, I'm asking: How useful
is tormail to those using the onion network to circumvent official
censorship? Clear ISPs reached via exit nodes are sometimes a problem.
For example msgs can be sent to a tormail acct. from a verizon account,
but verizon considers mail coming from a tormail account to be
malicious.  So it seems that having email providers completely within
the onion network would be a good thing.  Am I missing something here? -
eliaz