Re: [tor-talk] What's written to HD?

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 12:20:46AM +0000, danhughes146@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote 2.1K bytes in 48 lines about:
: Thanks also to "anonymous" for that link about temp files - another example not covered by just "no", that your Human Rights activist with cr*p going on in their life, or ordinary person for that matter who doesn't have much computer knowledge would not be protected from with the TBB but probably would with Tails and likely would not realise it.

These people should just use Tails then. It's simple, it works, and is
plausibly safer for computer novices than trying to explain TBB safety
on a compromised system. The biggest hurdle I've seen with this set of
users is actually getting and installing tails to a USB drive in the
first place. They would much rather buy a Tails USB drive or dvd than
download the iso and make their own.

In my experience, working with newbish users who want privacy and are at
serious risk of harm if they screw up, tails is the best and simplest
option they have today.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact