Re: [tor-talk] TorBirdy 0.0.13 now available from Mozilla Add-ons

Hi,

Sukhbir Singh:
> Hi,
>
> Mix+TB Test:
>> All appears to be working well from TorBirdy. But there are a few
>> unexpected happenings from within Thunderbird (Debian 6.0.6, 64-bit).
>> All occur at start-up, regardless of how settings were left when closing
>> down:
>>
>> + Message pane is on
>> + Quick filter is on
>
> No, we don't change these. Any reason we should be closing them?

No reason to close them, I was just expecting them to remain in the same
position as they were when TB was closed, like regular TB. Not a big
problem, just unexpected.

>> + Thunderbird won't check for messages at start-up, even though the
>> option remains enabled
>
> There are two preferences in TorBirdy that we need to change to allow/
> prevent Thunderbird from checking for messages at startup; this is
> because of how Thunderbird handles this. Both changes should be made
> using TorBirdy's preferences as TorBirdy will override Thunderbird's
> preferences on startup:
>
> * The first is the account-specific preference ("Check for new messages
> at startup") that needs to be enabled per account.
>
> * The second is a global setting: "Select last accessed mail folder on
> startup", which also needs to enabled.

This was the one!

> Enabling this will select the last accessed folder (usually Inbox) when
> Thunderbird starts and not 'Local Folders', thus enabling checking of
> messages at startup for all accounts that have the first option enabled.
> By default, we select 'Local Folders' (the second option is disabled) to
> prevent Thunderbird from automatically logging in and checking for new
> messages.

Thanks. I can see why this could be better, and now have the option to
explore some more.

Thanks