Re: [tor-talk] William was raided for running a Tor exit node. Please help if you can.

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:43:03 -0800
SiNA Rabbani <sina@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Running an exit node from home DSL or Cable is bad idea. One must look
> for a Tor friendly ISP and have balls made of steel!

That's not universally true. Here in the UK I'd say it's risky, which
is why I run with a fairly restricted exit policy. This is an option
all operators have. In my case, depleted uranium testicles wouldn't
make me knowingly subject my kids to that risk - I'm less worried
about myself. Here, as in many jurisdictions, the problem is not that
running a Tor exit is illegal, but more that there's no protection from
the police using it as an excuse to wield their power. The inside of a
cell is bad enough when you don't have a painful disability. And I'm
still pissed off that they broke my iPhone (I couldn't afford to
replace it, but I prefer Android now anyway). [NB. I've not personally
had a Tor related incident yet, and I hope to keep it that way]

I hope that this William is safe and able to get some decent legal
advice :(

Julian

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012@xxxxxx>