Re: [tor-talk] Limited Exit Nodes?

> I have my Tor configuration limited to US-only exit nodes via torrc like so:
> StrictNodes 1ExitNodes {US}
> why am I only getting the same 18 over and over again?!?

As often appears on the list, I don't think Tor maintains state regarding
past exits such as to guarantee rotation among them outside of its normal
selection metrics. And I don't think newnym does more than it says, clean
circuit, which would not necessarily mean new exit.

There is an enhancement ticket regarding general exit bucketing if people
want to further develop that idea...

> there are about 300 active exit nodes in the US at any given time

I'm seeing 170+ US exits at the moment.