Re: [tor-talk] Thoughts on Tor-based social networking?

Bill Cox:

> Yes, griefers often use Tor.  Who are they?  The obvious answer is
> they're dumb kids,

Are you smarter? I know I'm not. I don't do that. That should make me
any better? Maybe they are doing something far better that I don't do.
Think about it.

> but what if Tor were threatening to a major government?

So why are there so many government employees? Just to suck the money
out of social security?

> - I'd own many nodes, and sooner or later someone like DPR would
> reveal his IP address to me, and I'd take him down, discrediting
> Tor.

Having a pervert looking at exit traffic is already a disgrace. What can
be worse?

> - I'd make sure I had enough monitors in the Internet backbone to
> completely track Tor traffic, and then I'd pay tons of researchers
> to use it.  The USA pays 60% of Tor's research budgent... Doesn't
> that scare anyone here?

Not if you understand how the software goes. But hey, homeopathy works
in at least 1% of the cases, right? So does prayer. A few years ago a
dead Theresa of Calcutta cured of cancer a woman that was operated and
was doing chemotherapy.

Rephrased, small people using big words usually are too swamped in their
useless buy habits. The so called normal people want a second mortgage
for a larger home. Helping a project like Tor makes me wonder why do
people citicize so much the US of A. A woman like Ayaan Hirsi Ali is
alive because of the Dutch government and their police. A man like
Salman Rushdie can enrich the World's culture because of UK lawmakers.
The nice, clean, reliable, well fed man would speed up when he realizes
there is rape going on nearby.

> Is Tor failing to grow because there is an active government backed
> effort to keep Tor small?  Are the hackers giving Tor a bad name
> encouraged to do so?

Let Tor grow your way and it would make Google and Microsoft combined
look like a newborn.

> So, don't track Tor user behavior, and don't filter content.
> However, when they piss off some web site operator, that operator
> should be able to state the public identity of the Tor griefer, and
> Tor exit nodes should feel free to black-list that user.

I find it a miracle that the world of Pol Pot was so limited as time and
surface.