Re: [tor-talk] More and more websites block Tor, which will eventually become useless!

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 8:37 PM, <hikki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Today I discovered that wiki.debian.org blocks Tor exit nodes. There are
> many other sites doing the same thing, and this is an increasing trend
> among website admins.

Not sure if they block all exit nodes (if any). I just successfully opened
https://wiki.debian.org/

> If this trend continues, Tor will sooner or later become close to useless
> for regular clearnet surfing. And we'll be left with hidden services only.
>
> Any ideas how to fix this problem?

You can't force people not to block Tor, it's their website and they are
free to run it the way that works best for them.

Secret/unlisted exit nodes??

I don't think that will ever happen (hiding exit nodes), the only way is
either to educate people about Tor or detect an abuser and block/ban him
for abusing the Tor network.

--
Sherief Alaa
pgp 0x8623B882