Re: [tor-talk] USB Sticks for TAILS

On 11/15/2013 04:41 PM, Andreas Krey wrote:
>> 2. It will be hard to scale mass-duplication of pre-installed Tails
> I didn't read anything about actually putting Talis onto the sticks,
> just about providing the sticks (whose unique feature is the working
> r/o switch.) Subject: 'for', not 'with'.

That is correct. I did not intend to put Tails on the sticks myself,
just give them away as is. It's a nice idea especially for non-tech
users, but I think the cons outweigh the pros.

I might end up putting Tails on a few of them, handing them out with the
necessary disclaimer, so I'm still interested in hearing about the
liveusb-creator command line/persistence options. If that doesn't happen
in time I will simply use the default image without persistence.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/