Re: [tor-talk] Gmail account without phone number

On 11/20/2013 11:24 AM, Yo Mamma wrote:
Hey Joe,
The conditions were:
1) No Tor
2) Chrome Browser
3) Regular ISP
2) Registered from Canada

I just went to their login page, and clicked on sign up for an account link.

Then I just filled in all the fields EXCEPT the phone number and
alternative email fields (I have tried it both filled in and without and it
works for both).

And then clicked next and I was auto logged in to my Google account.
>From there I went to Gmail and used it send this email out.

I have done another test using Tor (from the Tor Browser Bundle) and this
time Gmail did ask me to verify using a phone number and would not let me
get through.
Thanks. You mean you already have a Google acct & kept google cookies, since you "were auto logged in?"

No expert, but I'm guessing the problem most have creating a Gmail acct w/o a phone #, is not when they:
- already have a google acct (& have cookies from previous session);
- have browser cookies and?, so they'd automatically be logged into a google acct;
- use Chrome.

With all those, there's may be little question in google's mind, who / where / when you are or have been?

Yes, using Tor - you're a "mystery" to them, or at least they can't track you, so probably will ask for a phone.

You probably knew, but others should be aware that using google & expecting anonymity isn't the best idea.
That's one reason they make it hard to open a Gmail acct using Tor.