[tor-talk] Orbot for Android

Hello,

I consider to use Orbot on my Android 4.x device. I have some questions
about Orbot.

How mature is Orbot? Is it generally safe to use?

How does it work technically, is it a kind of proxy app or does it work
like a VPN software?

When you start Orbot on a Droid, do all network applications
automagically use Orbot or do you need to configure proxy settings
within your apps?

In other words, do Android apps need to have proxy settings in order to
make use of Orbot?

Thank you