Re: [tor-talk] How secure is check.torproject.org?

On reflection, I think I should clarify ...

Roger:
> As for having a network map for TBB 3, I agree in theory. But
> somebody needs to actually do it. Promising routes include writing
> it into Tor Launcher (harder to do, but easier to maintain and
> probably safer) or writing instructions for how best to attach your
> (old, eventually obsolete) Vidalia to your shiny new TBB 3.

Great idea, and so very easy. Just run TBB 3, and then run TBB 2.4.
Vidalia from TBB 2.4 just simply finds the running Tor instance,
connects, and works. Network Map and New Identity both work nicely. I
can't stop FF from starting (well, I can, but not cleanly) so any hints
on that would be appreciated.

Thanks!
--
kat