Re: [tor-talk] Cloak Tor Router

On Monday 03 November 2014 14:06:27 l.m wrote:
> I've only one thing to  say about this idea or any other similar
> Kickstarter project.

There are no other similar Kickstarter projects.

> You've got  to be stupid to sacrifice the control
> and flexibility offered by  running Tor on a computer for a
> configuration that operates at the  router/switch.

Your opinion is duly noted.

> with useless self-promotion. Yes, you, Cloak. If  you think it's such
> a good idea just do it and take advantage of the  daft--get it over
> with already. So I can laugh at you when your buyers  realize how
> stupid they were for not reading the Tor manual.

You may not agree with what we are doing.  That is your opinion and that is perfectly acceptable for me.  I do find it slightly (but I am thick skinned so no worries) offensive that you feel we are trying to take advantage of anyone.  I am not saying a device such as Cloak is the perfect magical box.  But I _do_ believe it has it's place and it can benefit some people (even some non-stupid and non-daft ones) and that belief is the only reason why I and the rest of the team have thrown an huge amount of effort into this project.

> Honestly--it's  not hard to learn to be anonymous online.

That is great.  Would you mind teaching my Western Digital media player how to do that on my behalf?

--
Lars Boegild Thomsen
https://reclaim-your-privacy.com