Re: [tor-talk] "Hidden Services" vs "Onion services"

I already often refer to www hidden services as âonion sitesâ when
introducing people to Tor, since that coincides with the one
user-facing attribute they have: the .onion TLD. Much less jargony for
non-technical users, and (as already noted) less ambiguous about what
exactly is "hidden".

Still not sure how I feel about non-www hidden services. For XMPP,
IRC, SSH, and other uses, I still generally say "hidden service".

But +1 for "onion site" or something like it.

Mike Tigas
News Applications Developer, ProPublica
http://www.propublica.org/
@mtigas | https://mike.tig.as/ | 0x6E0E9923