Re: [tor-talk] twitter tor block redux

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 03:45:42 +0000, Mirimir wrote:
> If you must use Twitter via Tor,

No, I just don't want to use twitter directly
from workboxes etc.

Here it seems a bit of an interaction between
tweetdeck and twitter itself. Tweetdeck
lets me in but not post, and when I log
into the original twitter UI it tells
me to change password. I don't know
whether there is a time where posting
doesn't work but I'm not told to change
PW either and just cannot post.

Stupid but bearable, all in all.

> you can setup a VPS with a minimal LXDE
> desktop and VNC onion service.

I've already done something similar. There
is a hosting (shell account, actually) provider
here in germany who accepts payments via mail,
which means I can do ssh -D via tor to there,
and use their IP towards twitter. Account
was stable.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."