Re: [tor-talk] [guardian-dev] Freenet and PLUTO

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 8:42 PM,  <salutarydiacritical23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello. May I suggest a collaborative effort with a project you might know?
> Freenet is a p2p storage network that's been around forever. One interesting
> feature that's currently on hold is support for Tor's pluggable transports.
> I directed them to your PLUTO framework because it seems like a good drop-in
> choice. When all is said and done, users will be able to run Freenet over
> Tor for more protection.
>
> Freenet Mail list:
>
> Freenet bugtracker:
> https://bugs.freenetproject.org/view.php?id=2124

Note that freenet seems to have been successfully invaded by sybils...

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/news/north-dakota/3885239-predators-police-online-struggle

Court records reveal the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation
has been running an undercover operation on the peer-to-peer network
Freenet since 2011...
Essentially, the BCI planted its own computers within the Freenet
network...Their computers kept logs of certain Freenet users' IP
addresses and the codes for what they were downloading, according to
the affidavit. Agents then compared the codes with a database they
built of codes known to be child porn.
But BCI investigators were able to devise a way to tell which IP
address--and consequently, which Freenet user--ultimately was
downloading the offending files.