Re: [tor-talk] Research - Tor and the shaping of resistance technologies

Hello Joe,

Thanks! I really appreciate the advice and I'll definitely send an email to those lists as well.

I absolutely hope to interview people from the other side of the fence as part of my research, along with plenty of trawling through policy papers and legislation. Although my main interest is in the perspectives of people developing technologies to resist surveillance, I agree that the research would indeed benefit from some idea of state perspectives - especially given the developments likely to come in the new year (the IP bill in the UK to mention just one). I do think that the views and dev processes of those involved in creating and using surveillance technologies are likely to be very different, especially in contrast with Tor's open source model.

I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on this if you'd be free for a chat sometime? If not, thanks again for the advice!

Ben