Re: [tor-talk] TorChat for Android

I have reviewed the status of several private messaging projects and there
are great ideas in development such as:

https://briarproject.org/

But there are things I would like to do differently.

I think Orbot must be the hidden service provider instead of including the
Tor daemon in the application because it gives rise to incompatibilities
between applications that use the same ports.

I also believe that the configuration of hidden services should be
exportable to be able to use the .onion address as user identifier and not
to lose it when changing devices, also losing their entire list of contacts.

But this needs changes in the implementation of Orbot.