Re: (FWD) Tor, Socks bind, and BitTorrent

On Oct 11, 2004, at 7:58 PM, Roger Dingledine wrote:

Initial connection establishment is fairly slow but once the peers are
talking its not bad (can't really test myself as I have a slow uplink).
We have some plans for how to speed up initial connection by a factor
of 2 or 3. But it's always going to involve a public key operation and
at least some circuit extension, so it's always going to be fairly slow.
The key to scalability will be getting other people to carry bandwidth,
and learning to handle unpredictable and heterogeneous relays.

--Roger

what is the plan?

--dfc
Douglas F. Calvert
http://anize.org/dfc/ .::. GPG Key: 0xC9541FB2
A mystic in the sense that I am still mystified by things...