Using Tor for news reading?

Is there a way to read Usenet news thru Tor?

I've used SocksCap to pipe the requests of my news
reader thru Tor. That worked for some time, but in the
last few days I haven't been able to get a connection,
because "No Tor server exists that allows exit to
...:119".

I suppose the problem in that there are no or almost
no Tor servers that accept connections for port 119
(NNTP). Is there a specific reason for that? I could
understand if maybe server admins are rejecting that
port because they fear that illegal messages are
posted thru their servers. If that is the case, maybe
it would be possible to add more refined rules that
prohibit posting but still allow reading?

-- Anna